Every time you buy an insurance policy from LIC, you’re agreeing to some awful T&C. I hereby present the unwritten yet completely loophole free and airtight Terms of Service of the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
Every customer hereby agrees to abide by the following Terms of Service set in force by the LIC of India herein after called LIC, when purchasing any insurance policy -
- Responsibility for any & all mistakes on the policy bond rests solely with agent/customer and not with LIC
- Any changes with respect to any information provided therein would require at the minimum 3 personal visits to the servicing branch; along with any documents as may be called for at any time during the procedure by LIC, duly signed, attested by a gazetted officer & notarized, in triplicate.
- All visits to the branch will be required to be during government working hours only. All national, state, religious, local community holidays shall be scrupulously adhered to. LIC also reserves the right to curtail said working hours on any day, due to any cause without prior notice.
- No employee is required to maintain minimum levels of courtesy & respect towards customers and as such customers must refrain from forming expectations relative to other insurance companies.
- Customers also acknowledge that they waive any & all rights to complain against any instance of employee incompetence – either wilfully or otherwise; if and when they do complain no action will be taken against such employee (as it’s against the union rules).
- LIC makes no promises whatsoever regarding the security of the information provided by the customer; however LIC does say that no hacker can access the data stored in the systems (employees can barely enter it, let alone do any work).
- Customers recognize that tea breaks, lunch breaks, smoke breaks, system down breaks are all god given rights which employees may use at any time to justify work shirking or doing half-assed work.
- Anything not covered under any of the rules above will be necessarily covered under the blanket statement – Because we can’t, we don’t.
So the next time be sure to read the fine print aka Terms of Service.
Note – Anyone who has had experience with LIC or any other government agency may sound off in the comments below!