Geeks really love their lists. At every tech blog I read, not a single day goes by without a list of some sort – ‘Top 10 iphone apps,’ ‘Top 10 Android apps,’ ‘5 things you can do to speed up your shitty netbook’ and so on. While my list has nothing whatsoever to do with one of the loves in my life (which is if you didn’t already know - Tech), it has everything to do with the blight/scourge/bane of my life! Yeah, my list is called *drum roll please*
Top 10 Signs You are an LICian
- You don’t have a life. No, going home at 6 and doing nothing till bedtime does not qualify as a life.
- You feel, think and act like you’re 45 years old. And do not realize it till you meet your friends IRL.
- When asked for something by your boss/colleague, your first instinct is to search the paper, not the system!
- Whatever query a customer might have, you start shaking your head NO even before he finishes, coz you already know it can’t be done.
- If your assistants don’t work, you know you have to ‘counsel’ them, you’re not supposed to yell at them for not doing something they’re being paid to. And you think this is completely normal.
- You sacrifice your pride for others’ prejudice. After all, you can’t risk offending sensibilities even if it makes no sense.
- You cringe while typing your current job on Facebook and LinkIn, that is, if you’re even on those networks!
- Your 50 yr old assistant sulks and throws tantrums like a 5 yr old, yet you are supposed to be the model of maturity & responsibility @25!
- You are continually shocked when your friends tell you they have internet access @office!
- It doesn’t feel odd to call people who are stupider & slower than you – Sir/Madam simply coz they’ve managed to make more ‘mistakes’ than you. (it’s called experience idiot!)
Recognize all the top 10 signs in yourself? CONGRATULATIONS!
You’re a fully fledged member of the Leeches In Comfort Club aka LIC! For all those who read the above and are now shaking in their boots (coz you have 3-4 of the signs on this list), RUN! Before it’s too late.